Our ethos is aligned to Break’s vision to ensure children, young people and families reach their full potential and shape their own futures in a safe and creative environment.
Within all of our services our practice and approach is based on our values:
- We inspire and create hope.
- We are optimistic.
- We make a difference.
- We do the right thing.
- We are inclusive.
- We listen to and respect all individuals.
Our overall aim is to help children and young people on their life journey and to increase their positive life outcomes.
Our aims are to:
- To support the positive contribution that each and every individual has to make.
- To uphold everyone’s right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- To be committed to providing a safe, secure, healthy, and empowering environment.
- To recognise and uphold the spirit of our founders and their commitment to a caring vocation.
- A commitment to doing our utmost to provide the best possible care and support to enable people to fulfil their potential.
Break constantly aspires to work to the Nolan principles of Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty, and Clear Leadership for the benefit of the people we care for, as well as our staff, volunteers, Trustees, partners, and friends.
These principles form the ethical base of all our decision making.