Break charity moves head office to Norwich
Break charity moves head office to Norwich from Sheringham
For over 40 years, the back office teams, supporting the important work Break does with vulnerable children, young people and families in East Anglia has been based at Davison House in Sheringham. From July 2016 all support services with be centralised in Norwich.
The charity started in 1968 by Judith and Geoffrey Davison and their friend Leslie Morley provided holidays for children and adults with disabilities. It has grown and diversified over the years and now provides a range of services for children, young people and families:- young people in care and moving on; children and young people with disabilities; family support and children at risk across East Anglia.
- 10 children’s homes including short break services for children with disabilities and long term permanent homes for young people who are unable to be cared for within their family
- A Moving on Team that supports young adults who used to live in our children’s homes but who now live independently
- A Residential Family Assessment Service that assesses parenting capacity with regard to young children at risk of harm
- A Therapeutic Fostering Service
- A whole range of community based support services available to vulnerable families. Much of this work is provided by the teams at Families’ House and the Unthank Family Centre
Although the Head Office is moving to Norwich, Break will still have a presence in Sheringham, with one of the children’s homes located there and, of course the Break shop in Station Road.
Mike Hudson, Director of Resources said, “Break has been a part of Sheringham for over 40 years, but the time has come to centralise our support services in Norwich. Some staff have chosen to retire, but the majority of the staff will be making the move”.
The new address is Schofield House, Spar Road, Norwich, Norfolk NR6 6BX, 01603 670100, email@example.com.
Break is 50 in 2018 and we would like to hear your stories about how Break has changed young lives over the last 50 years. If you have a story, please get in touch with Liz - firstname.lastname@example.org.
young care leavers supported by our Moving on Team